As you can see, I haven’t touched this blog in a long time. I have updated my portfolio page so if you care to see what I’ve worked on. Life is weird. I’ve been a full time creator since February 2015, when I launched a Patreon for RPPR and in some ways, I feel a bit burned out by the endless production cycle. I also have so many ideas in my head I want to make real – games, novels, podcasts. The list goes on. I still want to keep creating and sharing them with the world. I’ve had successes and failures in the last 5 years and I thought it would be useful for me to list them in no particular order:
- Falling in Love: I love Maddy with all my heart <3
- The RPPR Patreon: I’ve created a ton of great content for it and had fun doing it. The community is great (join us on the discord!) and I’ve met a ton of cool people through it.
- The Mixed Six: Thank god Caleb and Spencer had this idea for a podcast and pulled me into it. It’s been quite a ride and I’ve enjoyed all of it!
- Helping Caleb get Red Markets launched: I’m incredibly proud of Caleb finishing the game and I’m happy I helped make it real.
- Night Clerk Radio: I love vaporwave and wanted to do this podcast for years and thanks to Birk, Night Clerk Radio exists
- X-Risks: I’ve written a lot of material for Eclipse Phase but I’m most proud of the work I did for X-Risks. I wrote a big chunk of the section of TITANs, the main antagonists of the game.
- Keeping RPPR running: It started in 2007. It’s still going. I’ve slowed down a bit on the schedule (from 6 to 4 AP episodes a month) but it’s still a lot of podcasting!
- Ruin: Still not in a playable format. Ironically I think I’m close to the mechanics I want for the game but I want a unique new card system that I want to playtest with people in a room, not online.
- No big game since Base Raiders. I want to do Base Raiders 2E, Ruin, and a few other games, but I haven’t been able to pick a game to focus on.
- Upwind: Three Beasts: It’s done and out to backers of the Kickstarter and will eventually be sold to the public but it feels a bit of a failure to me. I took so long to finish it, I feel like I let Jeff Barber and myself down.
- Fiction: Still haven’t written much and I want to write at least a few novels.
- Email list/newsletter: Wanted to do one for years, finally getting around to it now but who knows if I’ll follow through? Ugh.
- So many failed game designs/ideas: RIP Steal Dracula’s Gold card game, etc.
- Still haven’t learned to draw
- Not as many crossover/guest podcasts as I would have wanted.
- Not updating this blog
- Not doing more with Raillery.
Current Focuses in addition to my regular work
- Night Clerk Radio: Birk and I have a lot planned for this podcast. If you want some new music to listen to or want to learn about vaporwave and dark ambient, check it out!
- Email newsletter: A monthly thing I will put out with some original content.
- Fiction: I have some ideas and may try to put up a serial story online. We’ll see.
- Livestreaming! Going to try this for the RPPR Patreon Discord first. Should be fun.
- Learn to play piano – more so I can better understand music theory – might help when I review music haha
I’ll try to update this blog more regularly but we’ll see how that goes